Total Hip Arthroplasty in Dubai
Dr.Sabri has decades of experience consulting and performing hip procedures and has conducted thousands of hip replacement surgeries with extremely high success rates and long-term patient satisfaction.
World-leading expertise, years of experience, usage of the latest technology, and a focus on exceptional patient care make Dr Sabri an adept surgeon for the best total hip replacement surgery Dubai.
What Happens In The Procedure of Hip Replacement surgery Dubai ?
During surgery, the surgeon makes a small incision to expose the hip joint and replace the damaged sections of the hip joints with prosthesis implants made from ceramic, metal, plastic, or a combination of those materials. Your new artificial joint will adhere to hip bone, reduce pain and increase your range of motion and mobility.
Artificial hip joints are made of different designs and materials. The hip joint prosthesis has two main components: the ball and the socket implant一the ball is a femoral component, and the socket is a cup-like depression in the acetabulum(hip bone).
The prosthetic components may be press-fit or cemented into the bones. Dr Sabri decides whether press-fit or cementing the components is best based on the patient’s bone strength and porosity.
What To Expect?
You will have a general clinical and physical examination by Dr Sabri. The clinical trials will include questions about your medical history, blood tests, and a thorough physical examination of your hip to test its range of motion and hip muscles strength. In addition, Dr Sabri will also ask for multiple angular X-ray scans of the hip.
During the surgery
- Sabri uses a muscle preserving technique for hip arthroplasty. He makes one precisely placed incision through which he will inspect and retract the large hip muscles to do surgery on the hip joint. Through the same route, retractors, surgical tools, and implants are inserted.
- By not cutting into the major hip muscles, the patients recovery is made quicker and less painful.
- He views the hip joint on the live feed and prepares the cup-ball socket for seeding implant. At first, the femoral head is detached from the acetabulum socket. Then, the acetabulum is resurfaced, and a metal cup with a ceramic or polyethylene lining is fixed insiden it to conform femoral implant.
- Next, the femur is prepared for the implant. The femur head is cut, and the femur stem is inserted into the femoral bone. The ceramic ball is then fitted onto the stem after the final trial.
- Once both implant components: the femoral and acetabulum components are ready, they are assimilated and articulated to form the hip joint.
- He repairs the muscles and ligaments and closes the incision in layers using absorbable cosmetic suture material that is waterproof and does not require removal.
After the surgery
After completion, you will be transferred to the recovery ward while your anaesthesia wears off. The doctor will monitor your vitals and administer any pain medication to ensure comfort. Dr Sabri usually suggests consulting a physical therapist to assist you with exercises to speed recovery. You will be encouraged to stand and walk on the day of the surgery or the following day at the latest.
You will have follow up visits with Dr Sabri at 2 and 6 weeks after the surgery.
Dr Sabri uses an enhanced recovery protocol to get patients back to normal activity and off crutches in the shortest possible time.This involves hydrotherapy and home exercises as the main components. Daily activities can be resumed normally after 3-4 weeks of the surgery. Some discomfort while sleeping is very common in the initial healing stage.
Your activity program should include:
- A walking program to gradually increase your mobility. Initially, you may walk in your home and later you can walk outside
- Twice weekly hydrotherapy sessions
- Physiotherapist recommended hip exercises must be done many times a day to strengthen and restore movement in your hip.
- Resuming other normal household activities, such as standing, sitting, and climbing stairs. Make sure you do not bend your hips past 90 ° as it may lead to implant dislocation during the first 6 weeks.
Loss of appetite is common for several weeks after surgery, as reported by Dr Sabri. However, taking a balanced diet with an iron supplement is important for proper tissue healing and restoring muscle strength. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids.
Looking for hip replacement surgery Dubai? Contact or visit the appointment page to book an appointment with Dr Sabri.